Written by: Melissa Hawthorne, MS, RD, LD, CDE and Allie Bourgeois (Dietetic Intern)
Here are our top 5 wellness apps to keep you on track with all of your goals this New Year:
- HabitMinder: HabitMinder is an app that allows you to turn your to-do list into good habits. This is one way you can hold yourself accountable for your goals. The app allows you to set your goal and track your progress daily. This to-do list completed consistently can turn your goals into habits. Whether it is going to the gym, drinking more water, or eating more vegetables – HabitMinder can help you get on track.
- AllTrails: Hike, Bike, Run & Cycle: Get off our couch and get active outdoors with this free app! AllTrails finds trails near you for various activities such as hiking or biking. This is especially great for when you are traveling and not familiar with trails around you.
- MyFitnessPal: This is one of the best food tracking apps out there! This is an easy to use food dairy on your phone. It has a huge database of millions of foods and restaurants for you to search for the foods you are eating. You can also scan in the barcode on your food package to quickly log it! If you want to track your food or become more conscious of what you are eating- My Fitness Pal is for you!
- Headspace: This app is a workout for your brain! You can select meditations based on your needs, from 2 minutes or longer. This short meditation can improve your attention span, alertness, and give you an instant calm! Check out Headspace to decrease stress and relax more throughout your day.
- SleepCycle: Do you feel that you are not getting enough sleep? Or that the quality of your sleep is not that great? Sleep Cycle is here to help! This app tracks your sleep cycle throughout the night, and works to wake you up when you are in your lightest sleep. This means you will feel more energized and less groggy in the mornings! SleepCycle is definitely worth the download!