What are you eating this afternoon? If your answer is a candy bar, then you need to change it up. Snacking is not bad a bad habit as long as you they are thought of as planned mini meals. Snacks are a great way to reach your daily recommended consumption for fruit, vegetable and dairy. In fact snacks can be an important part of your overall wellness and weight loss goals by boosting your metabolism. Try to focus on eating foods with fiber and protein at each snack. Here are some easy snacks you can try this month.
Quick & Healthy Snacks
- Raw crunchy vegetables dipped in hummus
- Toast a whole-grain waffle and top with low-fat yogurt and peaches or blueberries
- Stuff a whole-grain pita pocket with ricotta cheese, Granny Smith apple slices with a dash of cinnamon
- Peel a banana and dip it in low fat yogurt, then roll in chopped nuts
- In a tall glass, layer low fat Greek yogurt with blueberries (or fruit of choice) and old-fashioned rolled oats. Top with a dash of cinnamon.