How many of us feel like we never have anything to wear? Even with a closet full of clothes, I still sometimes struggle with finding the perfect outfit. I’ve learned to rely on great basic pieces of clothing to get me through those days where I have too much on my brain to figure out what to wear.
Ladies, your basic wardrobe should consist of the following items:
- A little black dress
- A great fitting pair of dark blue jeans
- A nice white blouse
- A black jacket (i.e. Leather jacket or blazer)
- A nice pair of black shoes (I recommend pumps)
Fellas, your basic wardrobe should consist of:
- A well- tailored sports coat or blazer
- A nice pair of neutral colored slacks (i.e. Black, Gray, Khaki, or Navy Blue)
- A nice fitting white dress shirt
- A neutral colored neck tie
- A pair of black dress shoes
Any combination of these basic pieces of clothing will create several outfits together, and also compliment other pieces in your closet. You will be able to go from work to happy hour and from church to brunch with ease.