Sweet Heart Brownies are a sweet not to feel guilty about! Melissa Hawthorne shares a great recipe to insure a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Sweet Heart Brownies
- 36 2 inch low fat graham crackers (or 18 whole graham crackers)
- 1 – 14 ounce can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 10 ounce package semisweet dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350۫ F.
- Spray 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place graham crackers into a plastic baggie and crush them into fine crumbs. A rolling pin helps this process.
- Stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chocolate morsels and graham cracker crumbs and mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into the pan. Use the back of a wooden spoon to pat the batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out small heart shapes. Makes 24 hearts.
1 Brownie: 135 calories, 24g carbohydrate, 3.5g fat
The following two tabs change content below.
Melissa Hawthorne, MS, RD, LD, CDE
Registered and Licensed Dietitian at St. Hope Foundation
Melissa Hawthorne, MS, RD, LD, CDE earned her Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Science from Texas A&M University and her Master of Science in Nutrition from Texas Woman’s University. Currently, Melissa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian here at St. Hope Foundation and frequent contributor to OfferingHope.Org.