St. Hope Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) community healthcare organization that was established in November 1999. Recently, St. Hope implemented the Patient Centered Medical Home model of care. St. Hope was created in response to the growing need for innovative, effective healthcare designed to provide quality services to reduce health disparities within Houston and rural counties. We serve patients from various disease states that include but is not limited to heart disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, obesity, high blood pressure, obesity, gout, skin disorder, cancer and mental health.
As a comprehensive Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), St. Hope targets unmet needs and gaps in health-related services, fostering client-centered programs to meet these needs.
St. Hope Health Centers are created with a private-practice setting atmosphere, offering a full range of medical, prevention and behavioral health services onsite which include:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine-Infectious Disease
- Clinical Research (Phase III, Phase IV)
- Gynecology / Well Woman
- Behavioral Health / Psychiatry
- Nutritional Counseling
- Dental Care (General and Endodontics)
- Onsite Pharmacy (340B)
- Medical Case Management / Service Linkage
- Clinical Case Management
- Patient Navigation
- Vision Care
- Medical Transportation
- Community Prevention (Evidenced Based Interventions)
St. Hope is enrolled in many private insurance plans and accepts patients with Medicare and Medicaid. CLICK HERE to see a listing of private insurance plans that are accepted at St. Hope.Prevention and wellness are essential guideposts at St. Hope. Known for conducting large community health promotions in resource limited areas, St. Hope has garnered support both locally and nationally for its innovative sexual health screenings with BET’s College Road Tour Rap-It-Up campaign targeting young African Americans and Latinos at historically black colleges and universities(HBCUs). Within the last 15 years of service, St. Hope has performed routine health screenings for more than 30,000 persons and has been a key prevention contractor for the City of Houston, DHHS, Bureau of HIV/STD andViral Hepatitis Prevention and Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
SHF receives funding through several funding streams including HRSA, Ryan White, Centers for Disease Control, DSHS, City of Houston, The Simmons Foundation and several private foundations.
More Details About St. Hope Foundation
- Fast Facts about St. Hope (Click Here)
- Core Values (Click Here)
- Strategic Plan (Click Here)
- Timeline & Milestones (Click Here)
- Client Population (Click Here)
- BET Rap It Up Campaign – rapituppresents.com/
- Centers for Disease Control – cdc.gov
- City of Houston, DHHS, Bureau of HIV/STD and Viral Hepatitis Prevention – houstontx.gov/health/HIV-STD/
- Greater Than AIDS Campaign – greaterthan.org/
- National Association of Community Health Centers http://www.nachc.com/default.cfm
- Texas Association of Community Health Centers (TACHC) – www.tachc.org
St. Hope Pharmacy is enrolled in most pharmaceutical patient assistance programs to allow our patients to receive PAP assistance onsite. If you’re needing patient assistance with medications, go to www.needymeds.com.
For more information visit Guidestar: www.guidestar.org
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under the Public Health Service Act, Section 330, 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). All remedies brought forth to a health center employee may be subject to remedy under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).